Your Adobe ID is your email address. Use the same Adobe ID to keep all your Adobe plans and products associated with a single account. An Adobe ID is what you use to login to Adobe Portfolio.
Note: if you’re getting confused and losing track of your AdobeID, please contact Adobe Customer Care here.
Update your Adobe account email
You may want to change the email address associated with your Adobe ID if you have entered an incorrect email address or if you want to use a new primary email address.
- When logged into Adobe Portfolio, visit your Adobe Account Settings.
- You'll be directed to visit your Adobe ID settings to change your email address.
- In the Account information and access section, click Change next to Primary email (Adobe ID)
- In the window that appears, enter a new primary email address that you want to associate with your Adobe ID. Then click Save.
- Adobe sends you an email to verify the change. If you don’t receive the email, see Didn’t receive expected email from Adobe.
- If you're getting an error when you attempt to change or update your Adobe ID, it's possible that what you're trying to change it to is already an existing Adobe ID. In that case, you should use the method below.
- There is no way to merge two Adobe Portfolio accounts or transfer sites from one account to another.
Change the Adobe ID associated with your Adobe Portfolio Site
You may have multiple Adobe IDs and want to associate a new Adobe ID to your Adobe Portfolio site. Whether this can be done depends whether your Adobe IDs are personal or Enterprise IDs.
- If you are trying to switch from a personal Adobe ID to a personal Adobe ID, please contact us here for additional help.
- If you are trying switch to or from an Enterprise ID, we cannot switch the Adobe IDs associated with your Portfolio sites.
- If you are a graduating student trying to switch your Portfolio site under your EDU Enterprise account to a personal Adobe ID, please take a look at: Student Asset Migration
For more information on the different types of Adobe accounts, please take a look at:
- If you also have a connected Behance profile, please let us know when reaching out to us.
- When you write in, please provide the Adobe ID that your Adobe Portfolio is currently associated to and the new Adobe ID you’d like it to be associated to from now on.
- There is no way to merge two Adobe Portfolio accounts or transfer sites from one account to another - you can change the email associated to the account you wish to continue using.