If you are a student graduating or leaving your school, you can now easily migrate your Portfolio sites from a School account (Enterprise ID or Business Profile) to a Personal account directly from within your Portfolio account at portfolio.adobe.com.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you can successfully log into both your School and Personal accounts at adobe.com or portfolio.adobe.com – you need the ability to authenticate into both accounts.
- If you haven’t yet, ensure you already have a valid Personal account
- Ensure you have access to the email associated with your Personal account so that you can confirm the migration.
- Be sure to complete the migration before the School account is closed and assets are permanently deleted.
Migrate the account
- Go to portfolio.adobe.com and sign in with your School account
- Click on one of your sites
- Click on Settings in the left panel
- Click on Account & Region
- Under Use Another Adobe ID, select Use Personal Adobe ID
- Type in the new Adobe ID you wish to migrate your site(s) to
- Click Continue and then Done
- Check your email inbox under the new / Personal account and click the link provided
- Sign in to the new Adobe ID and click Confirm Migration
- All set! Click Edit your Portfolio to exit
After you migrate
- If you have multiple sites under the School account, all sites will be migrated to the Personal account. You do not need to initiate a migration for each site under your School account.
- Adobe Portfolio is a paid service. Publishing is not supported for Creative Cloud Free membership accounts. If you don’t already have a Creative Cloud plan under the Personal account and would like to keep your site published, please purchase any of the following plans: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html
- Migrating a Portfolio account does not migrate any other assets on your School account. For more information, please see: Migrate your student assets
- If you imported Behance projects, that connection is broken until the Behance profile is also migrated to the new Personal account.
⚠️ Important information:
- You can only migrate a school (EDU) Enterprise/Business account.
- You can only migrate a School account to a Personal account while logged into the School account. If you can no longer access Portfolio because the school account is closed, you need to ask the school admin to reactivate it and initiate the migration again.
- It is up to the school’s discretion to reopen an account.
- Migrating does not combine sites from both accounts. You can only exchange between accounts, which means that all sites connected to the School account will be connected to the Personal account, and vice versa.