If you want to make your entire website private, you can do so by:
- Clicking into Settings in the left-hand panel
- Clicking into Password Protection
- Select Password protect whole site
- Select No site-wide password to remove it
Note: Portfolio sites and pages that are password protected from initial publish will not be indexed by search engines until the password is removed. Additionally, passwords are cached (saved) for 24 hours per browsing session.
If you set different passwords for your entire site and pages, you will need to enter the password for the respective page/URL you are trying to access.
For example, if you have a site-specific password and share the URL of a Gallery page that is also password protected, visitors will need to enter the Gallery-specific password to enter that page.
Guidelines for a secure password
Add password protection to Adobe Portfolio so that only visitors who have the password are able to view it.
If you choose to password protect your site or specific pages, we recommend following these guidelines to set up a secure password.
Your password should:
- Not include your name, email address or common passwords
- Include at least one number or symbol
- Include both lower and upper case latin characters
- Be at least 8 characters long