The Social Sharing Thumbnail is the image that represents the preview of your website on social networks (like Facebook, LinkedIn).
If you do not change your social sharing thumbnail, this is how the social sharing thumbnail is determined:
- If you are sharing a Page within a gallery, the image you will see is the page cover for that page
- If you are sharing your Gallery (most likely what your url lands on first) you will see the cover page from the first page in the gallery
- If you are sharing an individual Page, the image you will see is the first image on the page
Changing your Social sharing thumbnail
You can change your social sharing thumbnail at any time by:
- Clicking into Settings in the left-hand panel
- Clicking into Social Sharing Thumbnail
- Clicking Upload Image
- The image uploaded as the Social Sharing Thumbnail will display when you post any URL from your website. It is a global/site-wide setting and cannot be changed on a page by page basis.
- Choose an image that is at least 300 pixels tall.
- Changes in Settings will be applied after publishing your site
- If your social thumbnail does not update after republishing your site, it may be cached by the social network